Michael Woods Recent Stories
- Pembroke, Ont. homicide victims identified as Toronto-area teens
- CTV News Ottawa wins prestigious Regional Edward R. Murrow award
- Ottawa airport excluded from expanded trusted-traveller program
- Sparks group adds Dragons' Den investors as Senators fans await ownership decision
- 'The ultimate sacrifice:' Thousands gather to remember fallen OPP officer
- Human remains in Lake Ontario identified as prison guard missing for 40 years
- These 8 Ottawa restaurants are in Canada's top 100
- Four groups submit bids to buy Ottawa Senators: reports
- Cornwall Hospital still dealing with effects of cyberattack
- OPP officer killed in Bourget, Ont. leaves behind wife and two children
- 1 OPP officer killed, 2 injured in Bourget, Ont. shooting
- 'Our officers were ambushed': 1 OPP officer killed, 2 others injured in Bourget, Ont. shooting
- Ford government snubbing Ottawa on homelessness funding, Liberals say
- Ottawa school named after Julie Payette gets new name
- Driver of stolen car slams into Ottawa home
- Latest CRA offer to striking workers 'slap in the face:' union
- Snoop Dogg plans to start youth hockey league along with Ottawa Senators bid
- Snoop Dogg involved in Senators ownership bid
- End of an era: Rideau Street McDonald's officially closes
- What you need to know about the agreement that ended the PSAC strike
Michael Woods is the Senior Digital Lead with CTV News Ottawa contributing content to television, radio and digital platforms.
Michael joined the team in 2016 as an assignment editor and producer.
Before that he worked at several newspapers, including as a city hall reporter for the Ottawa Citizen, parliamentary reporter for Postmedia News and general assignment reporter for the Toronto Star.
Michael is a graduate of Queen’s University and was editor-in-chief of the Queen’s Journal. He was born and raised in Ottawa.
When he’s not in the newsroom he enjoys travelling, spending time at the cottage, playing rec softball and cheering on the Ottawa Senators.
He speaks English and French.