Devil's Corner Pinot Noir 2017

Tasmania, Australia

wine - devilWe don't hear much about Tasmanian wine in North America and much less about Tasmanian Pinot Noir. This one is produced by the Brown Brothers, one of Australia’s leading family-owned wine companies who have been making wine for over 120 years. Devil's Corner is a full-bodied, juicy Pinot Noir with beetroot, tobacco leaf, dark berries and plum flavours on the palate. Great acidity for food and would do a roast leg of lamb proud. The origins of Tasmanian viticulture date back to the early 19th century, but wines from there are relatively unknown. Brown Brothers was founded in 1889 by John Francis Brown, it was under the guidance of his son, John Charles Brown that Brown Brothers established its reputation as a producer willing to experiment with innovative grape varieties from Milawa to Tasmania.



Herdade Peso Trinca Bolotas Tinto 2016

Alentejo D.O.C., Portugal

wine - herdadeProduced from 44% Alicante Bouschet, 40% Touriga Nacional and 16% Aragonez (Tempranillo), Trinca Bolotas 2016 is a dry, full-bodied, savoury and smoky Alentejo red wine blend rich with ripe dark fruit, wild herbs, dark spices and smoke on the palate. It's a dark one. The Alentejo pig featured on the bottle label freely roams the region's forests feasting on a diet rich in acorns. It's native to Europe and the only species of a grazing pig in Europe.


  • Alcohol: 14%
  • Sweetness: Extra Dry
  • Drink: 2019-2024
  • Plush Pork Wine
  • Price: $16.95
  • Score: 88/100
  • LCBO: 431064


Dürnberg L & T Falkenstein Grüner Veltliner 2017

Niederösterreich Weinviertel, Austria

wine - durnbergLove this crisp, clean and zesty Grüner from the Niederösterreich Weinviertel in Austria. This is a great salad, quiche or brunch wine with its pepper, celery, lime and lemon zest flavours. The white stone fruit and fresh green apple flavours are almost secondary. Finishes long and zesty. Produced by Dürnberg L & T Falkenstein. The Dürnberg winery is located in the picturesque village of Falkenstein in the Weinviertel.



Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars Pinot Gris 2017

Okanagan Valley, British Columbia BC VQA, Canada

wine - blue mountainA vibrant BC Pinot Gris! Mouth-filling texture and a solid finish. Aromas of peach. The Pinot Gris is 60% fermented and aged for six months, in stainless steel, and the remaining 40% fermented and aged in two and three year old French oak barrels. What a deft touch that wraps this package in richness.


  • Alcohol: 13.5%
  • Sweetness: Extra Dry
  • Drink: 2018-2021
  • Cool Creamy Cheese Wine
  • Price: $24.95
  • Score: 91/100
  • LCBO: 329458


Gonzalez Byass Nutty Solera Medium Oloroso Sherry

Jerez, Spain

wine - gonzalezLovely! You need to acquire a taste for sherry, but it's a lovely change from the usual. Nutty, warm aromas of roasted almonds and hazelnuts. It offers terrific balance with acidity. Try this well-priced sherry as an after dinner drink.


  • Alcohol: 20%
  • Sweetness: Medium
  • Drink: 2017-2020
  • Divine Dessert Wine
  • Price: $18.95
  • Score: 88/100
  • LCBO: 35204