Skip to main content

Kitchen fire caused by a pot on the stove stopped in Carlington

Ottawa fire
Share

Ottawa Fire Services says an early morning kitchen fire was successfully extinguished in Carlington, in the city's west end.

Firefighters say they received a call at around 2:48 a.m. from a neighbour reporting a smoke detector sounding in the neighbour’s home located in the 1000 block of Cavan Street. The caller also reported seeing a haze in the kitchen of the home.

Four minutes into the initial call, firefighters were on scene fighting the fire, Ottawa fire notes.

When crews entered the kitchen, they found the smoke was caused by a pot on the stove.

They then safely brought the pot outside, preventing the fire from spreading into the rest of the kitchen.

No injuries were reported.

CTVNews.ca Top Stories

Motion to allow keffiyehs at Ontario legislature fails

A motion to reverse a ban on the keffiyeh within Queen’s Park failed to receive unanimous consent Thursday just moments after Ontario Premier Doug Ford reiterated his view that prohibiting the garment in the House is divisive.

What does it mean to be 'house poor' and how can you avoid it?

The journey to home ownership can be exciting, but personal finance columnist Christopher Liew warns about the trappings of becoming 'house poor' -- where an overwhelming portion of your income is devoured by housing costs. Liew offers some practical strategies to maintain better financial health while owning a home.

Stay Connected