Ottawa transit riders pay more for OC Transpo
Published Monday, March 1, 2010 5:10PM EST
If you ride the bus, you're going to have to dig a little deeper in your pockets to pay for fares starting Monday.
The cost of riding the bus is up seven per cent – that means a $6.75 increase for an adult monthly bus pass.
The new fares include:
- Adult trip $3.25; up from $3
- Adult express trip $4.25; up from $4
- Adult rural express trip $5.25; up from $5
- Child $1.60; up from $1.50
- O-Train trip $2.75; up from $2.50
- Individual bus tickets $1.25; up from $1.15
- Adult trip $2.50; up from $2.30
- Adult express trip $3.75; up from $3.45
- Adult rural express trip $5; up from $4.60
- Child $1.25; up from $1.15
- Adult monthly pass $91.50; up from $84.75
- Adult express monthly pass $114; up from $106
- Adult rural pass $141.75; up from $131.75
- Adult annual pass $930; up from $895
- Adult express annual pass $1,164; up from $1,119
- Student monthly pass $73.25; up from $65.25
- Student express monthly pass $85.50; up from $76.50
- Student rural monthly pass $110.75; up from $103
- Student semester pass $250; up from $242.00
- Student express annual pass $762; up from $734.40
- Senior monthly pass $36; up from $31.75
- Senior annual pass $395; up from $381
- The cost for a park and ride permit is also up.
The new fares are part of a plan to pay for public transit by splitting the cost equally between revenue collected from bus fares and money collected from property taxes.
Although the cost increase was originally supposed to take place in July, it was moved up to keep this year's property taxes at four per cent.