Myers Auto Group Amazing Kids
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The Myers Auto Group Amazing Kids contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Bell Media Inc. and Myers Automotive Group (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”).
2. The Contest starts at 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Wednesday, February 1st 2017 and closes on Wednesday April 5th, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited and restricted by law.
3. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and nominate a Nominee (each, a “Nominee”), you (each, a “Nominator”) must be a legal resident of Ontario and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. In order for a Nominee to be eligible to be entered and to win, he/she must be a legal resident of Ontario and be between the ages of 8 years old and 18 years old. Important Note: Each Nominator must obtain prior written consent from his/her Nominee’s parent or legal guardian and provide proof of same to the Contest Sponsors upon request, to enter the Nominee into the Contest. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators are ineligible to enter. A winner of a previous contest of the Contest Sponsors within the ninety days [ preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
4. TO ENTER the Contest, simply visit the website located at www.ottawa.ca (the "Contest Website"), click on the Contest page, complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the Contest page (each, an “Entry”).. All Entries must include: (i) the Nominator’s first and last name, address, email address, age, ten digit day and evening telephone number; (ii) the Nominee’s first and last name, address, age, ten digit day and evening telephone number and email address (if available); (iii) a unique and original letter (maximum 500 words in length) (the “Letter”) and/or video (upload in BMP/JPEG/MOV/WMV/MPEG format) (the “Video”) describing why the Nominee should be selected as the Prize winner. The Letter and the Video shall be collectively referred to as “Submissions”, each a “Submission”. In order to be eligible, the Submissions must comply with the Submission Guidelines below. Limit of one (1) Entry per Nominee per Nominator per week. A Nominator may not enter the same Nominee more than once throughout the Contest Period.
5. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsors (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsors) that any person has attempted to: (i) exceed the foregoing limit on Entries; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors. An Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors) the Entry is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. The Contest Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void). All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsors – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsors deem necessary, in their sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsors within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsors may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s). The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to reject and disqualify any Entry if they discover that any information provided is either false or fraudulent (as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion). In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
6. Contest Sponsors and/or their designated content moderator (collectively the "Reviewer") will initially screen every Submission and not all Submissions will be posted. Any Submission that the Reviewer deems, at any time, violates the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules, as determined by the Reviewer in its sole and absolute discretion, will not be posted to the Contest Website or shall be removed from the Contest Website, as applicable. Prior to being posted on the Contest Website, the Reviewer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to edit or modify any Submission, or to request an entrant to modify, edit and/or re-submit his or her Submission, in order to ensure that the Submission complies with these Rules, including the Submission Guidelines, or for any other reason.
7. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Submissions must be original and not include any third party's proprietary content, including trade-marks or copyrighted content. Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may disqualify any Nominator who uses third party proprietary content at any time. Contest Sponsors further reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to edit any Submission to blur out any trade-marks or to remove any copyrighted content, including but not limited to, music or video clips, as applicable. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any Submissions that involve anything illegal, potentially or actually dangerous or harmful or containing any element of physical risk, at any time. Any Submission that involves a third party that does not choose to be part of the Submission may also be disqualified. Submissions must not include any illegal, defamatory or in any way obscene content. Submissions cannot be a parody or derogatory. Submissions remain the property of the Nominator, however by entering this Contest, each Nominator (i) represents and warrants that his/her Submission is her or her original work and does not infringe on any third party's copyright, trade-mark or other intellectual property rights, (ii) represents and warrants that he/she has all necessary rights from any third party that appears, or is mentioned, in the Submission, including those from the parent or legal guardian of Nominee; (iii) grants the Contest Sponsors, an unlimited, royalty free, irrevocable, right and license to reproduce, post and/or broadcast the Submission in any form of media, right and license to reproduce, post and/or broadcast the Submission in any for media now known or hereinafter developed including but not limited to CTV News at 6 and the Contest Sponsors’ websites; (iv) waives all moral rights in the Submission in favour of the Contest Sponsors; (v) agrees to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless the Contest Sponsors from any claim or liability arising from or related to the Submission and/or his/her participation in this Contest; and (vi) consents to the publication and/or use, in any medium, of his/her Submission, name, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes carried out by the Contest Sponsors and/or their advertising and promotional agencies without payment or compensation of any kind. Submissions may be showcased by Contest Sponsors on a public viewing gallery, including without limitation, on the Contest Website. Contest Sponsors assume no responsibility for any claims against infringement of the right of privacy with respect to any Submission. IMPORTANT NOTE: The Contest Sponsors reserve their right to disqualify any Submission that violates the rights of a Nominee (as determined by the Contest Sponsors at their sole and absolute discretion) and/or that, defames, libels or slanders a Nominee (or any other person). By entering the Contest, each Nominator agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Sponsors from and against any claims by a Nominee (or any member thereof) relating to the content of the Nominator’s Submission.
8. PRIZES: There are ten (10) weekly prizes available to be won (the “Prize(s)”), each consisting of one thousand dollars ($1,000) CAD awarded in the form of a cheque. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prizes in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prizes are unavailable. The number of Prizes decreases as they are attributed during the Contest Period.
9. WINNER SELECTION: Every week during the Contest Period on [or after Friday, February 3rd ] at approximately 9:00 a.m. ET (each, a “Selection Date”) a panel of judges appointed by the Contest Sponsors (the "Judges") will review all eligible Submissions submitted up to the point of the applicable Selection Date. The Judges will assign a score to each Submission on the basis of the following equally-weighted criteria: creativity, originality and subject. The Nominee whose Submission receives the highest score will be deemed the potential Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the Submission (from among all such Submissions that are tied) that scored higher on creativity shall be deemed to have obtained the higher score. Contest Sponsors, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential winner by telephone within two (2) business days after the Selection Date. In the event the potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) business days after the applicable Selection Date, he or she will be disqualified and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard and the Contest Sponsors may select the entrant associated with the Submission that obtained the next highest score as an alternate potential winner at their sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared the winner, the potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the total number and caliber of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
10. Before being awarded a Prize, each potential Prize winner’s parent or legal guardian will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read, understood and complied with these Rules, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsors and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of his/her participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify such potential winner (and, if disqualified, the potential winner will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and select an alternate potential winner and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected.
11. By entering this Contest, each Nominator agrees to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors and judges with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation, the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
12. All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected Submissions, entries, entry forms, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting names of prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry (if more than one method of entry), and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion, further reserve their right to terminate the on-line portion, as applicable, of the Contest and conduct the judging from all on-line entries and all other entries (as applicable) previously received during the Contest Period. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
14. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
15. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.