Published Friday, December 27, 2013 4:12PM EST Last Updated Friday, December 27, 2013 4:35PM EST
Fast, easy appetizer for your party or your hostess. To keep crunchy, roll truffles in peanuts close to serving time.
Serves: 16 pieces
Ready In: 20 minutes
- ½ cup (125 mL) dry roasted salted peanuts
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup (50 mL) dried cranberries, chopped
- 300g soft unripened goat cheese at room temperature
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 16 each: arugula leaves & fresh or frozen cranberries (to garnish
Pulse peanuts in food processor until finely chopped, transfer to shallow dish add 2 tbsp (30 mL) chives
In medium bowl; combine remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) chives, parsley, cranberries, chevre and pepper until well mixed. Scoop approximately 1 tbsp (15 mL) chevre mixture; roll into ball between palm of hands, refrigerate until ready to serve.
Just before serving, roll chevre truffles in peanut mixture, transfer to serving platter; garnish with an arugula leaf and cranberry.