United Way Ottawa Short of Goal
Ottawa's 2012 United Way campaign begins Thursday, Sept. 27, 2012.
Published Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:00AM EST
The United Way campaign in Ottawa is short of its fundraising goal and will extend the campaign into the New Year.
The United Way has raised $24 Million since the beginning of the campaign in late September, well short of the $30 Million goal. In an unprecedented move, the United Way will continue its campaign into next year.
The campaign will wrap up on March 31, 2013.
The United Way says 80 percent of the workplace campaigns are complete. The other 20 percent will continue into 2013.
The United Way funds 115 programs in Ottawa.
If you are on the scene of breaking news and capture it with your mobile device, share your pictures or video with MyNews.