Firefighters douse deep fryer blaze at Vanier chicken joint
The YKO BBQ Chicken restaurant in Vanier. (Google Maps)
Ted Raymond, Newstalk 580 CFRA
Published Wednesday, August 9, 2017 9:07PM EDT
A City health inspector has been dispatched to the scene of a kitchen fire in Vanier.
Firefighters were called to the YKO BBQ Chicken take-out place at McArthur Avenue and Brant Street around 7:40 p.m. Wednesday.
The deep fryer was fully ablaze when they got there. The reason why is still under investigation.
The fire was under control within 20 minutes and no one was hurt, but a health inspection is still required for the restaurant.
There's no word on how much damage was caused.