Candle causes fire at Indonesian embassy
Published Sunday, January 29, 2012 11:50AM EST
Five people were taken to hospital after a fire at the Indonesian embassy in east Ottawa Saturday afternoon.
Ottawa firefighters said they responded to the call at 740 Manor Avenue around 4:40 p.m. after a candle sparked a fire in a basement bedroom.
Ottawa Fire Services spokesperson Marc Messier tweeted the fire was put out by a resident with a fire extinguisher.
Paramedics said four men and a woman, all embassy staff, were taken to hospital.
The woman and the 48-year-old man who put out the fire were given oxygen, while the other three were monitored.
There was $50,000 damage caused to the home and its contents, but Messier said nobody will be displaced.
If you are on the scene of breaking news and capture it with your mobile device, share your pictures or video with MyNews.