Honey Garlic Back Ribs
Published Monday, May 17, 2010 2:17PM EDT
(Makes 6 servings)
- 2 racks of Ontario Pork back ribs, about 3 pounds
- 2 lemons
- ½ cup each: liquid honey, cider vinegar and ketchup
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons each: Tabasco or hot chile sauce and garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Using a fork, lift the membrane from a corner of the rib bones on the non-meaty underside and gently peel it from the ribs and discard. Place ribs in a single layer in a baking tray or dish, meaty side up. Add 2 cups of hot water to the tray. Slice lemons and place slices on top of ribs.
2. Cover tray with foil; bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour or until meat is easily pierced with a sharp knife and is beginning to pull away from the rib bones.
At this stage ribs can be cooled, covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
3. Preheat barbecue to medium-low or oven to 325°F.
Prepare sauce: Combine all remaining ingredients in medium saucepan; bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
4. Place ribs on grill; baste with sauce. Keep basting and turning ribs for about 20 minutes or until ribs are thoroughly heated. Slice and serve.
Variation: Any recipe for back ribs can also be used for side ribs with equal success. Just add about 50 minutes to steaming time.
Recipe from Ontario Pork. For more recipes visit www.putporkonyourfork.com
If you are on the scene of breaking news and capture it with your mobile device, share your pictures or video with MyNews.