'No Flu For You' Soup
Bryce Wylde, Wylde on Health
Published Thursday, October 5, 2017 1:13PM EDT
- 1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lg spanish onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 2 lg carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 pieces astragalus root, either dried or freshly choped into large cubes (roughly 1×1 inch)
- 8 cups organic mushroom or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cups scallions, diced
- 1/2 cup chives, diced
- 1 pack Black bean or Shiritake noodles
Place oil in a soup pot on medium heat and add onions, garlic, ginger, and tumeric powder and sauté for about 5 mins or until translucent.
Add mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, astragalus root, choice of stock and an additional 3 cups water.
Bring to a full boil then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the tamari and adjust salt to taste.
Let cool for 30mins.
Remove the astragalus root pieces.
Garnish with scallions and chives and serve while hot.