Think fiesta and kick summer up a notch with locally grown corn, peppers, tomato and lettuce. Serve this spicy salad with warmed tortillas.
Grilling Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) each fresh lime juice and vegetable oil
- 1 clove Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each dried oregano leaves and ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each chipotle chili powder and ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 12 oz (375 g) Ontario Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 3 cobs Ontario Sweet Corn, preferably in husks
- 1 Ontario Sweet Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 Ontario Hot Pepper, such as a jalapeño or hot cherry (optional), diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped Ontario Red Onion
- 1 large Ontario Tomato, chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) shredded Ontario Romaine Lettuce
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh Ontario Coriander Leaves
In small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Set aside.
In small bowl combine chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper; rub into both sides of chicken. Place chicken and corn on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill until juices run clear when chicken is pierced and corn is tender, 15 to 20 minutes turning occasionally. Cut kernels from corn cobs and slice chicken.
On still warm, but turned off barbecue, warm tortillas. In large salad bowl, combine red pepper, hot pepper (if using), onion, tomato and lettuce. Add chicken, corn, dressing and coriander; toss and serve with tortillas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein: 25 grams
Fat: 15 grams
Carbohydrates: 44 grams
Fibre: 6 grams
Sodium: 685 mg