Who can resist a juicy beef burger topped with bacon, mushrooms and aged Cheddar?
Grilling Time: 14 minutes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 minutes
- 1-1/2 lb (750 g) lean Ontario Ground Beef
- 1 Ontario Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small Ontario Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) sliced Ontario Mushrooms
- 6 slices aged Ontario Cheddar Cheese
- 6 sesame seed buns
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded Ontario Lettuce Leaves
- 6 slices cooked Ontario Bacon
In large bowl, combine beef, egg, onion, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Shape into 6 burgers.
In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until tender.
Place burgers on greased grill over medium-high heat. Grill, covered, for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until thermometer inserted sideways into centre of each burger reads 160°F (71°C). Top with cheese and grill to melt.
Toast buns on grill. Spread each bun bottom with barbecue sauce. Top with lettuce, burger, mushrooms, bacon and bun top.
Nutrients per serving
PROTEIN: 42 grams
FAT: 26 grams
CARBOHYDRATE: 43 grams
FIBRE: 3 grams
SODIUM: 1130 mg