Ottawa News | Local Breaking | CTV News Ottawa
San Antonio Breakfast Parfait
• 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free
• 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
• 1 cup pumpkin seeds, raw shelled
• 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, unsalted
• 1/2 cup raisins
• 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine all ingredients in order listed above. Stir well to distribute oil and honey throughout the oats.
3. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Spread granola mixture evenly across the baking sheet.
4. Bake in oven at 350 F (till golden brown) for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and stir granola. Let cool completely and set aside.
5. Break apart granola into bite size pieces and store in an air tight container. Granola will keep for a week.
Optional Granola Add-ins:
1. Dried fruit of choice, golden raisins in place of regular raisins, 1/4 cup hemp hearts, 3 tbsp chia seeds, 2 tbsp flax meal and chocolate pieces (but add chocolate only after granola is baked and cooled).
Swap out cinnamon for 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice.
Substitute maple syrup for honey.
500 gr fresh strawberries, halved
125 gr sugar
4 gr of pectin
10 gr lemon juice
10 gr orange juice
18 gr of lavender (finely cut)
In a sauce pan, mix strawberries, sugar and lemon juice on medium heat.
When the mixture starts boiling, add the orange juice with the pectin and the lavender.
Let steam on medium heat for 10 minute or until the jam gets thicker.
Let cool down and store in a container covering it with a plastic film.
This recipe can serve 4-6 persons and can be stored in the fridge for a week.
Makes 10-12 servings.
Assembling the parfait:
• In a glass jar, using a small spoon fill the bottom of the jar with 2 oz. of plain Greek yogurt.
• Add a teaspoon of Dulce de Leche on top of yogurt.
• Add a teaspoon of the granola and a teaspoon of the strawberry lavender jam, add some fresh sliced strawberries and repeat this operation twice until the jar is filled.
• Top with your favorite fresh fruit and serve as desired.