- Mermaids make a splash at Brockville's Aquatarium
- Eastern Ontario residents support proposal for permanent daylight saving time
- The Brockville, Ont. pizza debate cooking for 53 years
- Milder weather, lack of frost keeps snowmobile trails closed near Kemptville, Ont.
- Parked cars a hazard, but mild temperatures aid snow-clearing in Brockville, Ont.
- Prescott trade show returns with more than 60 local vendors
Nate Vandermeer is a Multi-Skilled Journalist with CTV News Ottawa based in Brockville contributing content to television, radio and digital platforms.
Born and raised on a farm in nearby Lyn, Ontario, Nate holds two separate broadcasting diplomas in radio and television, graduating from Algonquin College in Ottawa and Fanshawe College in London.
His first start in the industry was with The Weather Network in Oakville for over nine years. He travelled all over North America covering severe weather including tornadoes, blizzards and forest fires.
Nate joined the CTV News team in May 2019 as a production floater and on his first solo shift covered the Orleans tornado in June.
Nate is proud to call the Brockville area home again, connecting with the people who live there and covering the stories that matter to the community.
When he isn’t reporting, you can find Nate out in the field sharing farm work with his father, at the Brockville Ontario Speedway waving the green flag on race nights, or spending quality time with his wife and daughter.