Michael Woods Recent Stories
- Could Canada soon standardize USB chargers? Feds looking into it, budget says
- Federal government capping excise tax on alcohol after outcry
- Budget 2023 proposes across-the-board 3 per cent spending cut for government departments
- Bettman: NHL to evaluate Pride nights in offseason after some players refuse to wear jerseys
- Carleton University education workers on strike
- Biden, Trudeau share 'Friend-chip Goals' ice cream from Ottawa shop
- Via Rail revisiting inclusion policies after Muslim man told not to pray at Ottawa station
- Sutcliffe: LeBreton Flats 'not the only scenario' for NHL rink
- Sutcliffe not ruling out public funding for new Senators arena
- Via Rail apologizes after Muslim man told not to pray at Ottawa train station
- Ottawa residents should expect military aircraft during Biden visit
- Federal government pledges $1.4 billion to revitalize Dwyer Hill Training Centre
- Councillors approve Orleans development despite parking concerns
- Ottawa police unions defend use of 'thin blue line' symbol
- Uniqlo opening store in Ottawa's Rideau Centre
- A 2 a.m. last call on Ottawa patios could soon be permanent
- Bettman: Senators sale 'a matter of weeks'
- Ottawa airport cutting ties with Flair and Sunwing ground crews
- 'Freedom Convoy' lawsuit expands to include more Ottawa residents, new defendants
- 'Horror and disgust:' Ottawa Valley woman charged with animal cruelty after 38 dogs rescued
Michael Woods is the Senior Digital Lead with CTV News Ottawa contributing content to television, radio and digital platforms.
Michael joined the team in 2016 as an assignment editor and producer.
Before that he worked at several newspapers, including as a city hall reporter for the Ottawa Citizen, parliamentary reporter for Postmedia News and general assignment reporter for the Toronto Star.
Michael is a graduate of Queen’s University and was editor-in-chief of the Queen’s Journal. He was born and raised in Ottawa.
When he’s not in the newsroom he enjoys travelling, spending time at the cottage, playing rec softball and cheering on the Ottawa Senators.
He speaks English and French.