- Marius-Barbeau elementary school closed due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Folding and flying through the pandemic: 7-year-old captures attention of world-record holder
- 'Keep fighting, keep the faith': NFL quarterback Drew Brees sends well-wishes to CFRA's Brian Fraser
- Ultimate Christmas Shop: Supporting local this holiday season
- Ottawa councillor caught texting while driving charged, fined $615
- 'I should not be alive:' Woman thanks bystanders who saved her life
Matt Skube anchors CTV News at Noon, CTV News at Five and weather for CTV News at Six
Matt is an Ottawa implant who loves the city and the diversity it offers. After growing up in Thunder Bay, he attended St. Francis Xavier University in Nova Scotia before enrolling at the College of Sports Media in Toronto. That experience landed him his first broadcasting job in his hometown at Thunder Bay Television.
After two years of anchoring, reporting and enjoying the cozy life living at home, Matt got hired by CTV Ottawa as the weekend weather anchor in 2013. He’s done a little bit of everything since then, including anchoring the CTV News at Six on the weekends, hosting a weekend radio show on CFRA and being on the sidelines for the REDBLACKS’ inaugural season. Now, you can catch him on the desk weekdays on News at Noon, News at Five and for weather during News at Six.
Matt has always been passionate about the community. Since moving to Ottawa, he’s supported numerous events and causes, including CHEO, Ronald McDonald House, Kids Help Phone and especially the Toy Mountain campaign. He’s also been known to sing the odd show tune and grace the stage every now and then. Plus, he can talk about sports for hours.