Vanier house fire leaves 5 people homeless
An April afternoon barbeque sparked a fire in Vanier Tuesday afternoon leaving a family homeless.
Firefighters got the call at 214 Dagmar Ave. just before 4 p.m.
When they arrived, flames could be seen from the back roof of the home.
The fire spread throughout the home causing $375 thousand in damage.
A 17-year-old girl and her boyfriend were barbecuing in the backyard. It is suspected that is what sparked the flames.
The Salvation Army is now offering assistance to the family and Ottawa Fire Services is investigating.