Two homes scorched by kitchen fires Friday night
No injuries are reported after a pair of kitchen fires in southwest Ottawa Friday night.
The first happened around 8:50 p.m. when fire crews got a call to 1717 Fisher Avenue, where flames were visible on the roof.
They said they found flames in the attic and aggressively attached the fire, reporting it under control at 9:15 p.m.
The fire reportedly was caused by faulty wiring in a kitchen exhaust fan. Damage to the building is estimated at $25,000, with another $5,000 damage to the contents.
The other fire happened at 856 Taradale Drive in Barrhaven, where crews said they found fire had spread to an outside wall when they arrived around 10:45 p.m.
The blaze was brought under control in eleven minutes and cooking was the cause, according to fire crews.
Again, damage to the building is estimated at $25,000 with $5,000 damage to the contents