Three people charged after three-month drug investigation in Ottawa's East End
OTTAWA - The Ottawa Police Service Street Crime Unit concluded a three month undercover investigation on Tuesday, September 3rd with the execution of a search warrant at a residence in the 0-100 block of Seguin Street in Ottawa.
Tactical Unit officers executed the warrant at 8:00pm on September 3rd and arrested three people in the residence. Another adult is being sought; their identity is not being released at this time.
The Ottawa Police investigation revolved around the trafficking of crack cocaine and Fentanyl patches in the area of Seguin Street. Charged are:
- Jamie WALSH, 39 years old, of Ottawa. Walsh is charged with 30 charges including Trafficking, Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking, Possession of Proceeds of Crime and Possession of Stolen Property. The investigation is ongoing and more charges are pending against Walsh. He attended a Show Cause hearing on September 4 and was remanded in custody.
- Sheena LAFLAMME, 28 years old, of Ottawa. Laflamme is charged with 13 charges including Trafficking, Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking, Possession of Proceeds of Crime and Possession of Stolen Property. She attended a Show Cause hearing on September 4th and was remanded in custody.
- Allan LONG, 51 years old, of Ottawa. Long is charged with Trafficking a Schedule I Substance and Possession of a Schedule I Substance. He was released on a Promise to Appear with Conditions.
The fourth accused is being sought by police.
The Ottawa Police seized the following:
- Crack cocaine, powder cocaine, Fentanyl patches, Crystal Meth and Heroin with a street value of over $17,000.
- 8 replica firearms were seized and are currently undergoing testing by the Ottawa Police Guns & Gangs Unit. Charges are pending the results of these tests.
- Large amounts of property believed to be stolen from break & enters, possibly in excess of $100,000. The East Break & Enter Team is currently investigating to determine the origin of the property.