Ottawa Public Health flu shot clinics open, new appointments available at 9 a.m.
OTTAWA -- Ottawa residents will be able to roll up their sleeves and get the flu shot starting today at Ottawa Public Health clinics across the city.
The health unit will also release more appointment slots for the flu shot at 9 a.m., after the first seven days were booked within 18 hours last week.
Flu shot clinics will operate by appointment-only at six locations across the city seven-days a week, from 9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. The flu shot clinic locations are:
- Notre-Dame-Des-Champs Community Hall, 3659 Navan Road, Orléans
- Ottawa Public Library-Orleans Branch, 1705 Orléans Blvd., Orléans
- Lansdowne - Horticulture Building, 1525 Princess Patricia, Glebe
- Mary Pitt Centre, 100 Constellation Dr., Nepean
- Chapman Mills Community Building, 424 Chapman Mills Drive, Barrhaven
- Eva James Memorial Centre, 65 Stonehaven Drive, Kanata
All six flu shot clinic locations will be appointment only, and no walk-up appointments are available.
Last Thursday, the health unit launched the appointment system to book a slot at the six clinics for the first seven days of the flu shot clinics from Oct. 29 to Nov. 4. Nearly 10,000 people booked an appointment for the first seven days within 18 hours.
Approximately 1,500 spaces are available daily at the six flu shot clinic locations.
Medical Officer of Health Dr. Vera Etches told reporters this week that new appointments will become available to book online starting at 9 a.m. Thursday.
The flu shot clinics will continue until everyone gets the flu shot that wants to get a flu shot.
Ottawa Public Health's goal is to have 70 per cent of the population receive the flu shot this fall and winter.
For more information about the flu vaccine and to book an appointment, visit www.ottawapublichealth.ca/flu