Major section of transitway closed till 2018
Major changes took effect Sunday to OC Transpo routes that could cause delays and add time in the rush hour commute.
The transitway between Lees and Hurdman Stations is now shut down so they city can work on the Confederation Line of the light rail project. The 12.5 kilometers of major artery will be out of service until 2018. Changes include route 95, which will no longer serve Hurdman Station and new routes such as the 104 that will offer a direct connection between d’Orléans Station and Carleton University. On their website OC Transpo says, in response to community feedback, starting Dec. 20, more routes will now serve Lees Station.
Service impacts include:
- Between Hurdman and Lees Station
- Route 95 no longer serves Hurdman Station
- West-end AM express routes finish at Mackenzie King Station
- PM Express routes to Orléans bypass Blair Station
- New Transitway Routes 103 and 104 from Orléans
- General Hospital Route 106 extended to St-Laurent Station
More changes will come in place in January when LeBreton and Bayview Stations will be moved to Albert Street for more light rail construction.
OC Transnpo recommends using the travel planner to find the best options If you are going through any of the affected destinations this winter.
For a complete list of bus service changes click HERE.