Work on a newly-renovated west Quebec bungalow ended up being wasted after it burned down Wednesday night.

Police in the Outaouais said they were called to a fire at 64 chemin Osborne in L’Ange Gardien around 9 p.m.

The house was empty and nobody was injured, but fire crews weren’t able to save the building.

Police said there was almost a second fire on the scene when a fire department vehicle’s engine caught on fire, but that was quickly put out.

Damage is estimated at $200,000 to the home. The local fire department is investigating.