Councillor candidates in Rideau-Vanier
(no contact information)
Mathieu Fleury (Incumbent)
- Top Priority: I am committed to making our community the safest and healthiest place to live, work, and raise a family. As your Councillor, I will continue to advocate on your behalf to further enhance pedestrian and community safety by eliminating interprovincial truck traffic on King Edward Avenue by building a tunnel. This will improve livability by making the corridor safer and reduce noise as well as air pollution. Other priorities include leading the change to renew Montreal Road by diversifying the business mix and investing in the street improvements as well as leading the beautification and improvements of public spaces in the Byward Market.
- Hidden gem in your ward: Over the past 8 years, I have had the privilege of representing the Rideau-Vanier ward. It is the heart and lifeline of our city. I love that each community (Lowertown, Sandy Hill and Vanier) is diverse and vibrant in its own way but that ultimately people care about each other and work together to make our ward the best place to live, work and play.
- Top Priority: Our Ward has a violent crime rate 3.5 times higher than the rest of Ottawa. We need to make our streets safer for all of our residents.
- Hidden gem in your ward: Our Wards' hidden gem is our fantastic people that live in our neighbourhoods of Vanier, Sandy Hill and Lowertown. We have one of the most diverse wards in the city and you can find great personalities, shopping and foods from all over the world right here in the jewel of the nation's capital
(no campaign website)
- Top Priority: Develop Vanier into the New French Quarter Vanier in the spirit of China Town and Little Italy.
- Hidden gem in your ward: Montreal road. Underdeveloped and waiting for the right leader to make it happen