From family adventures… to date nights… The National Capital Region always has something for everyone to see and do… and Bell Media Weekenders have the inside scoop on the biggest and best events.
For your year-long guide to what’s happening, catch the Bell Media Weekenders, every Thursday to Sunday on CTV News!
1. Celebrate good times! Richmond 200 birthday celebrations at Richmond Fairgrounds (until Sunday)
-fireworks and opening ceremonies on Friday night. Parade, military camp and music festival at night by Ottawa's New Country 94 on Saturday. Sunday morning pancake breakfast, vintage vehicles on display, horse drawn trolley tour.
2. Grab a cold one this weekend! Ottawa Beer Festival at Aberdeen Pavilion (Friday and Saturday)
-a beer lover's paradise.. with over 250 different types to try, great food, games room, beer school, yoga on tap. TIP: free transportation for OC Transpo to and from the festival with your ticket as a pass.
1. Have a green thumb? National Garden day being celebrated indoors and outdoors, kicking off Ottawa Garden Days 9 day festival.
-Museum of Nature has the Art of the Plant exhibit and the Shenkman Arts Centre will have a sketching and painting garden workshop.
2. Could be a great idea for an early father's day gift! Canada vs. Russia Rugby at Twin Elms Rugby Park. Tickets available online.
3. Get outside and meet the animals! Gatineau Park Dusk Series (walk through a trail with a guest biologist and meet the animals) tickets available online.
4. Who doesn't love free events? Mississippi Mills Porch Fest free admission. 3 hours of music on neighbourhood porches throughout Almonte.
1. Celebrate Dad at the bunker! Father's Day at the Diefenbunker Museum. Machine room tours available, activties all day long. Register at 613-839-0007.
2. Watch or be apart of the 46th annual Preston Street Criterium (Ottawa's longest bike race, with kids races too)
-registration available online until Friday at midnight. Block party after the races with food, drinks and music.
3. Iran Day being celebrated at City Hall all day.
4. Polish Day in Ottawa at the Horticulture Building being celebrated all day.
FATHERS DAY BRUNCH IDEAS:
1. House of Targ free-play brunch buffet. $20 per person, all you can eat buffet and all you can play video games afterwards.
2. Museum of Nature has a buffet for $34 per person, two seatings; 10:30am and 12:30pm then walk through the museum afterwards.
3. Casino Lac Leamy brunch for $32 per person
4. Rideau Carleton Raceway brunch for $25 per person