A deliciously easy to make healthy lentil stew, made with a medley of goodness including fresh Ontario Grown Cabbage. Pump up the spice for a more south-of-the-border flavor!
- 1 Ontario Onion, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ontario Cabbage, shredded
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Ontario Carrots, cooked and sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ontario Ham, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) Italian spiced stewed tomatoes
- 1 can lentils, drained and rinsed
In large microwaveable casserole, cook 1 chopped Ontario Onion and 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Ontario Cabbage in 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil at High for 5 minutes, stirring once. Stir in 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) cooked sliced Ontario Carrots, 1 cup (250 mL) Ontario Diced Ham, 1 cup (250 mL) Italian Spice Stewed Tomatoes and 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) lentils (drained and rinsed). Cover and cook at High for 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
Nutrients per serving
- 22 g protein
- 7 g fat
- 38 g carbohydrates
- 297 calories
- Very high source of fibre