Firefighters say an early morning fire at a fast-food restaurant in south Ottawa was caused by a faulty electronic appliance.

The fire caused $300,000 in damage to the Harvey's restaurant at 1339 Bank Street, near Riverside Drive.

Twenty-six firefighters and 10 trucks were called to the blaze at 1:34 a.m. Tuesday. The fire was under control in about 15 minutes.

Firefighters say the blaze is considered accidental, and was caused by electronics located at the storefront counter.

Fire damage was contained to the counter and the ceiling. The rest of the restaurant also sustained significant smoke damage.

There were no injuries. The restaurant will remain closed until repairs are complete.