Waldorf Pear Salad
- 2 ripe USA Red Anjou Pears, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed, reserving fronds, cored, and sliced
- 3 ribs celery with leaves, stalks sliced and leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 cup halved red grapes
- 3/4 cup walnut halves and pieces, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
1. In a large bowl, combine the pears, fennel, celery slices and leaves, grapes, walnuts, and parsley leaves. Add the yogurt, lemon zest, salt, and pepper and toss again. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
2. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl, garnish with the reserved fennel fronds and the sunflower seeds, and serve.