Pork Dumpling & Vegetable Soup
Published Friday, December 27, 2013 4:11PM EST Last Updated Friday, December 27, 2013 4:38PM EST
See Basic Pork Dumpling Recipe . Make a double batch and have in the freezer at all times to have this satisfying and delicious soup in 15-20 minutes. Pantry staples: low sodium chicken and beef broth Use your favourite vegetables, bok choy, cabbage and spinach are fabulous. Add a little garlic chili sauce or oyster sauces for a kick of heat and flavour.
Ready In: 15-20 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 12 pork dumplings, fresh or frozen
- 1 carrot, julienne, grated or finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (optional)
Bring chicken stock to light boil, add dumplings; simmer 8 minutes. Add carrot, broccoli and red pepper and simmer for 6 minutes or until tender. Garnish with cilantro and chopped onions if desired and serve immediately.