• 60ml/2¼fl oz olive oil
• 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
• 200g/7¼oz sultanas
• 100g/3½oz raisins
• 100g/3½oz demerara sugar /or coconut sugar
• 400ml/14¼oz cider vinegar
• 100g/3½oz crystallised ginger, finely sliced
• 800g/1lb 12¼oz USA pear coared and cut into wedges
• ½ tsp sea salt
• ½ tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
• 2 tsp ground allspice
1. Pour in the vinegar and boil on a high heat for three minutes.
2. Then add the rest of the ingredients, bring to the boil, then turn to a simmer and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Because of the fruit, this chutney has a tendency to stick to the bottom of the pan, so stir it well and keep an eye on it. Don't let the pears cook too much; they should keep their shape.
3 . Spoon it into clean hot jars, filling them as full as you can, and seal while hot. Store in the fridge.