Paprika Sheet-Pan Chicken with Pears, Potatoes, and Carrots
OTTAWA -- Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 lb. slightly underripe fresh Bosc or Anjou pears
- 1 lb. small potatoes in a variety of colours halved
- 12 ounces baby carrots, tops trimmed and halved, or larger carrots, peeled, halved, and cut into 3 inch segments
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, patted dry with paper towels
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, for serving
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Stir together paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
Add pears, potatoes, and carrots to a large rimmed sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with 1/3 spice mixture, tossing to coat. Arrange pears and vegetables in an even layer. Rub chicken thighs with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with remaining spice mixture. Place chicken thighs over pears and vegetables. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 to 170 degrees.
Transfer chicken thighs to a platter and tent with foil. Preheat oven to broil on HIGH. Place sheet pan 6-inches below heat and broil until pears and vegetables are lightly browned and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
Divide pears and vegetables among serving plates. Top with cooked chicken thighs. Garnish with sour cream and fresh cilantro, if desired.