Win a makeover from Salon130
This contest is now closed
Looking for a brand new look fabulous look for summer?
CTV Morning Live and Salon130 are giving YOU the chance to win a Hair Makeover from the Salon130, Ottawa’s most luxurious and friendly Professional Hair Salon!
Email and send us a photo letting us know why you'd like a new look.
On Friday, June 22, a stylist from Salon 130 will showcase the winner’s grand reveal including before-and-after photos.
Learn more about what Salon130 has to offer at www.salon130.com
1. TO ENTER the Salon130 Contest (the “Contest”), simply click on the Contest page and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (the “Entry”). All Entries must include your name, address, age, ten-digit day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address, one (1) unique and original photograph of you (must be in .jpeg format, maximum file size: 12 MB) (the “Photo”) and why you would like to receive a new look (maximum 200 words in length) (the “Story”). Collectively, the Photo and the Story shall be referred to as “Submissions”, each, a “Submission”. The Contest Sponsor may exclude any Submission that is considered, in its entire discretion, to be inappropriate, offensive or distasteful. The Submission must comply with the Submission Guidelines provided below. Limit of one (1) Entry per household during the Contest Period. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once, all your Entries will be void. Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Illegible Entries are ineligible.
2. The Contest starts on Monday, June 11, 2018 at 6:00 a.m. ET and closes on Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
3. The Contest sponsor is Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”) and the prize provider is Salon130 (hereinafter referred to as the “Prize Provider”). For the purpose of the Contest, the Contest Sponsor and the Prize Provider are herein referred to as the “Contest Group”.
4. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario, Canada and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Group, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. Winners of a previous Bell Media Inc. contest prize valued at $1000 or less within the thirty (30) days preceding the winner selection date for this Contest and winners of a previous Bell Media Inc. contest prize valued at $1,000 or more within the ninety (90) days preceding the winner selection date for this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes and persons domiciled with such winners) are not eligible to enter and may be disqualified.
5. PRIZE: There is one (1) prize available to be won (the “Prize”), consisting of a hair makeover from Salon130. The makeover must be booked by winner with Salon 130 directly and must be completed before Friday, June 22, 2018. The winner will be required to come to our studios located at 87 George Street prior to their hair appointment for a “before photo” and they will be required to showcase their hair makeover for a grand reveal LIVE on-air on CTV Morning Live on Friday, June 22. In the event the potential Prize winner refuses to accept the Prize as awarded and/or is not available to participate in the makeover within the time period set out above, he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select an alternate Prize winner and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability in this regard. The Prize winner must agree to permit the Contest Sponsor to take “before” and “after” photos of
the makeover for promotional purposes. The approximate retail value of the Prize is $350 CAD.
6. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Group reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. Prize winner acknowledges that upon awarding of the Prize, all obligations typically borne by the Prize Provider become that provider’s responsibility.
7. DRAW: On Friday, June 15, 2018 at approximately 6:00 a.m. ET, a random draw will take place at the offices of Bell Media Inc., Ottawa, Ontario from among all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The first Entry drawn will be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of winning the Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential Prize winner within two (2) business days after the draw to notify potential winner that he/she has may have won the Prize. In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) business days after the draw and/or does not meet all eligibility criteria, such potential winner will be disqualified and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
8. In order to be declared the winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded the Prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read, understood and complied with these Rules, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph (including, without limitation the “before” and “after” photographs), likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the/a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later than June 19, 2018.
9. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Submissions must not include any illegal, defamatory, derogatory, vulgar, pornographic or in any way obscene content (as determined by the Contest Sponsor at its sole discretion). Each Submission must be unique and original and must not include any third party’s proprietary content, including trade-marks or copyrighted content. Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant who uses third party proprietary content, at any time. Contest Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit a Submission to blur out any trade-marks or to remove any copyrighted content. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission that involves anything illegal, potentially or actually dangerous or harmful or containing any element of physical risk, at any time. Any Submission that involves a third party that does not choose to be part of the Submission may be
disqualified. Submissions remain the property of the entrant, however by submitting a Photo/Story and participating in this Contest, each entrant: (i) represents and warrants that his/her Submission is his or her original work and does not infringe on any third party’s copyright, trade-mark or other intellectual property rights; (ii) represents and warrants that he/she has all necessary rights from any third party that appears, or is mentioned, in the Submission, including those from the parent or legal guardian if third party is under the age of majority; (iii) grants the Contest Sponsor an unlimited, royalty free, irrevocable, right and license to reproduce, post and/or broadcast the Submission in any form of media now known or hereinafter developed; (iv) waives all moral rights in the Submission in favour of the Contest Sponsor; (v) agrees to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor from any claim or liability arising from or related to the Submission and/or his/her participation in this Contest; and (vi) consents to the publication and/or use, in any medium of the entrant’s Submission, name, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes carried out by the Contest Sponsor without payment or compensation of any kind. The Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any claims against infringement of the right of privacy with respect to any Submission.
10. By entering this Contest, the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of Entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
11. All Entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected Entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the name of the Prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible Entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest website.
12. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home
13. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
14. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
All CTV Ottawa contestants must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of Ontario (unless otherwise noted.)