Natalie van Rooy's Recent Stories
- Final weekend of March Break in Ottawa brings families outside
- Governor General joins crowd marking 1 year since war's start in Ukraine
- Mayor Sutcliffe speaks with TSB about safety of Ottawa's LRT system
- Deep freeze ends in Ottawa
- 25 vehicles towed, dozens of tickets issued as rally marks one-year anniversary of 'Freedom Convoy' in Ottawa
- Full-circle moment for first baby born at Queensway Carleton Hospital
- Popular Ottawa diner closing after 55 years in business
- City wasn't consulted on Panda Game's move to Sunday, councillor says
- Ottawa man's truck stolen from Canadian Tire Centre parking lot during Senators game
- Ottawa's notorious Rideau Street McDonald's closing permanently
Natalie van RooyContact
Natalie van Rooy is a Multi-Skilled Journalist with CTV News Ottawa contributing content to television, radio and digital platforms.
She has a passion for journalism and is thrilled to be back in the nation’s capital, where she graduated with high honours from Carleton University, completing a Bachelor of Journalism with a double major in law.
Natalie launched her career in September 2013 as an assignment desk coordinator, editorial assistant, and online writer for Global News Toronto. While in Toronto, she produced federal election and Pan Am games coverage. She later joined CTV News in February 2016, reporting for CTV Northern Ontario in Timmins and North Bay, which included on-the-ground coverage of the Attawapiskat suicide crisis.
Most recently, Natalie was a videographer for CTV Kitchener. She contributed to award-winning team coverage of a Kitchener house explosion and was nominated for an RTDNA for her behind-the-scenes look of the Cambridge ICU during the pandemic.
Natalie was born and raised in Pickering, Ont. She has a passion for travel and lived in Kigali, Rwanda for three months during a reporting internship. When she’s not working, Natalie loves hiking, being outdoors, and volunteering.
Natalie speaks English.