Michael Woods Recent Stories
- Ottawa police unions defend use of 'thin blue line' symbol
- Uniqlo opening store in Ottawa's Rideau Centre
- A 2 a.m. last call on Ottawa patios could soon be permanent
- Bettman: Senators sale 'a matter of weeks'
- Ottawa airport cutting ties with Flair and Sunwing ground crews
- 'Freedom Convoy' lawsuit expands to include more Ottawa residents, new defendants
- 'Horror and disgust:' Ottawa Valley woman charged with animal cruelty after 38 dogs rescued
- Ottawa mother charged with second-degree murder in infant's death
- Liberal MP cites cost of Ottawa LRT inquiry during foreign interference filibuster
- 7 per cent of Ottawa homeowners have not submitted vacant unit tax declaration
- Trans activist stands up to backlash from Hershey campaign
- Ottawa city council declares intimate partner violence an epidemic
- Ottawa woman, man charged in 2021 death of infant boy
- Man charged with criminal negligence, arson in Ottawa explosion
- Vigil planned to mourn Rideau Canal Skateway
- Ottawa St. Patrick's Day parade cancelled due to lack of volunteers, money
- Ottawa airport travellers can now clear U.S. customs faster using an app
- 'This may be a 1st step': Canada bans TikTok from federal government devices
- 'Living two lives:' Ukrainians in Ottawa reflect on one year since Russian invasion
- OC Transpo receiving $37.8 million boost from provincial gas tax program
Michael Woods is the Senior Digital Lead with CTV News Ottawa contributing content to television, radio and digital platforms.
Michael joined the team in 2016 as an assignment editor and producer.
Before that he worked at several newspapers, including as a city hall reporter for the Ottawa Citizen, parliamentary reporter for Postmedia News and general assignment reporter for the Toronto Star.
Michael is a graduate of Queen’s University and was editor-in-chief of the Queen’s Journal. He was born and raised in Ottawa.
When he’s not in the newsroom he enjoys travelling, spending time at the cottage, playing rec softball and cheering on the Ottawa Senators.
He speaks English and French.