- Docs who rock: A little self-prescribed musical medicine
- The Pride of the Pontiac: Gavan's Hotel in Quyon, Que. has a new owner
- Sens commentator Gord Wilson opens up about his heart attack and the staff at the Heart Institute
- 'Never expected I would end up a patient': Heart Institute employee saved by the hospital
- 'Watching my kids grow up:' A dad and husband’s gift of life
- 'I grew up here': For uOttawa Heart Institute surgeon Vince Chan, home is where the heart is
Joel Haslam is a Multi-Skilled Journalist with CTV News Ottawa contributing content to television, radio and digital platforms.
Joel Haslam has been in television broadcasting at CTV News for more than 35 years. He’s the longtime host and producer of Regional Contact on CTV News Ottawa, a segment which champions the stories of everyday people engaged in extraordinary and inspiring adventures.
Joel’s reporting also shines a light on the patients and life-savers at the University of Ottawa Heart Institute.
Joel’s storytelling has been honoured numerous times by the Radio-Television News Directors Association of Canada, the Canadian Association of Broadcasters, and the Radio-Television Digital News Association. He is a recipient of the prestigious Dave Rogers Award, presented to the journalist producing and reporting the best national television feature. Recently, he was presented with an international Edward R. Murrow Award for Excellence in Video.
Joel holds a combined Honours Degree in Journalism and Political Science from Carleton University. He also teaches in the Television Broadcasting program at Algonquin College in Ottawa.
Joel lives in Chelsea, Que. with Leanne Cusack. He is a lover of music and nature. Joel finds his bliss playing guitar, kayaking on the Gatineau River, and hiking along the majestic trails of Gatineau Park.