One Pan Roasted Asparagus, Trout and Potatoes
Tender-crisp asparagus teams up with thinly sliced roasted potatoes and trout in this simple one pan dinner. Rainbow trout usually has the skin on. If you prefer skinless, have them remove it at the fish counter.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 3 Ontario Potatoes, peeled, halved and thinly sliced (about 1-1/2 lb/750 g)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Dill
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grainy mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario Rainbow Trout Fillets, cut in 4 pieces
- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario Asparagus, trimmed
Toss potatoes with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil and a pinch each of the salt and pepper. Arrange on greased baking sheet; bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together lemon juice, dill, mustard, garlic and remaining oil, salt and pepper; set aside.
Place fillets, skin side down, on top of the potatoes. Arrange asparagus on the trout. Pour lemon dressing over everything. Return to oven and roast for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, trout flakes easily and asparagus is tender-crisp.
PROTEIN: 32 grams
FAT: 21 grams
CARBOHYDRATE: 35 grams
FIBRE: 6 grams
SODIUM: 230 mg