Ottawa News | Local Breaking | CTV News Ottawa
Curried Pot Stickers
Published Friday, December 27, 2013 4:07PM EST Last Updated Friday, December 27, 2013 4:38PM EST
Use your frozen or fresh pork dumplings for a delicious appetizer. For a super fast lunch or dinner serve over steamed spinach or bok choy.
Ready In: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 13-15minutes
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 12 pork dumplings, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) each: low-fat coconut milk & chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each: soy sauce, hoisin sauce, curry powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh cilantro or chives
Brush large non-stick skillet with vegetable oil, arrange dumplings in a single layer open-side up.
Cook on medium-high heat until lightly browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together coconut milk, broth, soy sauce, hoisin, curry powder and sugar. Pour sauce over and between dumplings; cover pan for 8-10 minutes, or until tops feel firm and cooked through. Shake pan gently to prevent sticking. (Add a little extra stock to thin out the sauce if using over steamed veggies.) Toss dumplings in pan to coat; sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro. Serve immediately.