- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 8 bone-in Ontario Chicken Thighs, skin removed
- 1 large Ontario Onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) each soy sauce and water
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Ontario Honey
- 4 large cloves Ontario Garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
In large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken; transfer to bowl. Add onion to skillet and cook, stirring over medium heat, until lightly brown, about 3 minutes.
Add vinegar, soy sauce, water, honey, garlic, bay leaves and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper; bring to boil. Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet. Cover and simmer over mediumlow heat, turning chicken once, until chicken is no longer pink in centre, about 35 minutes. Discard bay leaves and season to taste with pepper.
TIP: To trim any excess fat from the chicken thighs, use kitchen scissors.
Nutrients per serving
Protein: 31 grams
Fat: 15 grams
Carbohydrate: 16 grams
Fibre: 1 gram
Sodium: 1215 mg