Char-grilled Eggplant Subs
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Grilling Time: 10 minutes
(Makes 2 subs)
- 4 oz (125 g) creamy Ontario Goat Cheese (Chèvre), at room temperature
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped fresh Ontario Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1 small Ontario Eggplant, cut crosswise in 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 10-inch (25 cm) long sandwich buns
- 1 large Ontario Tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh Ontario Arugula Leaves
In small bowl, blend together goat cheese, rosemary and pepper. Lightly brush both sides of eggplant with oil. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until lightly softened.
Meanwhile, split buns in half lengthwise. Lightly brush cut sides with oil and grill just until toasted.
Divide eggplant slices between bottom halves of buns; top each with goat cheese mixture. Add tomato slices and arugula. Top with upper bun halves; cut in half.
1 Serving (half a sub):
PROTEIN: 11 grams
FAT: 11 grams
CARBOHYDRATE: 36 grams
FIBRE: 4 grams
SODIUM: 422 mg