Cedar-Planked Potato Chip Crusted Cod with Avocado Tomatilla Salsa
Planking fish is a quick and delicious summertime meal. Serve with fresh corn on the cob and a crisp green salad.
- 4 single sized cedar planks, soaked for at least 2 hours or overnight
- 4 cod fillets (about 1-inch thick)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Neal Brothers Classic Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bag Neal Brothers Pink Himilayan Salt potato chips, crushed
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Neal Brothers Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 avocado, peeled with pit removed and diced
- 1 medium peach, peeled with pit removed and diced
- 2 tbsp (50 mL) finely chopped green onions
Pre-heat BBQ to 450F.
Shake off excess water from cedar planks; top each with one cod fillet.
In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, cilantro, salt and pepper; spread 1 tbsp (15 mL) mayonnaise mixture on each fillet; top with 1/4 cup (50 mL) crushed potato chips.
Carefully place cedar planks on hot grill; close lid. Grill until cod is cooked through, 12-15 minutes. Serve on smoking plank immediately.
Tip: if plank is burning spray with water and move to a cooler part of the grill.