Snow storm causes school bus cancellations
Published Friday, February 8, 2013 6:17AM EST
Last Updated Friday, February 8, 2013 12:02PM EST
Environment Canada has issued a snowfall warning for Ottawa and the surrounding area. We can expect anything from 10 to 15 centimeters of snow fall today.
The winter storm has caused widespread schools bus and special vehicle cancellations across our viewing region.
The following schools and boards have cancelled school bus and special vehicle service:
- All English and French, Catholic and Public schools in the City of Ottawa
- All French Catholic and French Public schools in Prescott-Russell, Stormont-Dundas and Glengarry
- All counties served by the Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario and the Upper Canada District Board
- All counties served by the Conseil des Ecoles Catholiques de Langue Francaise du Centre-Est
- The Ottawa-Carleton Association for Persons with Developmental Disabilities
- all English speaking Catholic and Public transportation service in Renfrew County
- and Redeemer Christian High School
All schools remain open except for Life Christian Academy in Orleans.
The Rosenthal and Quinlan centres are closed.
The storm has also caused widespread cancellations and delays at the Ottawa International Airport. If you are travelling by air today, please check with your carrier or call ahead.
OC Transpo is also warning that the snow will lead to delays.