Ottawa soccer season in trouble over dome difficulties
Published Thursday, November 22, 2012 3:46PM EST
Last Updated Thursday, November 22, 2012 4:22PM EST
Thousands of Ottawa soccer players may not have a place to play this winter because of difficulties moving the former Lansdowne Park dome.
Coliseum Soccer said Wednesday the City of Ottawa had ended contract negotiations with their league, implying their season has been cancelled.
The City of Ottawa said that the league hadn't got back to them before a Nov. 21 deadline to sign a deal, but negotiations have not been formally stopped.
Construction at Lansdowne Park means the large dome that had been placed over the field there for many years would have to find a new location.
The plans were to have the dome installed over the University of Ottawa’s field, and the city says final preparations were underway to install it.
A posting on the Coliseum website said they will start reimbursing teams next week.
More than 7,000 players take part in the league each year.
If you are on the scene of breaking news and capture it with your mobile device, share your pictures or video with MyNews.