Freezing rain leads to widespread school bus service cancellations
Published Monday, December 17, 2012 6:14AM EST
Last Updated Monday, December 17, 2012 6:58AM EST
School bus service has been cancelled for English and French Catholic and Public Boards operating in Ottawa while schools remains open.
School bus service is also cancelled for the following boards:
- Upper Canada District Schools Board.
- Catholic School Board of Eastern Ontario.
- French Public & French Catholic schools in Prescott-Russell, Stormont-Dundas & Glengarry.
- Renfrew District School Board.
- Conseil des Ecoles Catholiques de langue Francais du Centre-Est.
- Redeemer Christian High School on Colonnade Rd has cancelled their buses, but the school is staying open.
- The Life Christian Academy in Orleans has closed the school for the day.
Transportation for the Ottawa Carleton Association for Persons with Developmental Disabilities, Rosenthal Services, and Quinlan Adult Development Centre has also been cancelled.
Buses are also cancelled for a number of locations in Western Quebec, including the Pontiac Sector, De La Peche, Gracefield Low, and Wakefield. Schools remain open.
The National Capital Region remains under a freezing rain warning. City trucks have been deployed to clear area roads and salt sidewalks. Authorities are warning drivers to leave early, drive carefully and leave extra room between cars.
There are more than a half-dozen cancellations and delays at the Ottawa airport this morning. If you are travelling today, please check ahead.
If you are on the scene of breaking news and capture it with your mobile device, share your pictures or video with MyNews.