CAA & Rocky Mountaineer Trip of a Lifetime
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
October 23, 2017 – November 4, 2017
1. Watch CTV News on CTV News on the local cable or satellite channel in your area from Monday, October 23, 2017 to Friday November 3, 2017 to view the Contest spot and watch for the Contest Clue posed during the program(each a "[Contest Clue/Trivia Question]").
2. To enter the CAA & Rocky Mountaineer Trip of a Lifetime contest (the “Contest”)simply visit the website located at www.ctvottawa.ca (”the Contest Website"), click on the Contest page, complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the Contest page. If you have registered for a CTV Username and password on a previous occasion, you may enter the Contest for a prize by completing the online entry, using your CTV Username and password. If you do not have a CTV Username and password, sign up for one by filling out the online entry form with your first name, last name, home (mailing address), email address, ten digit daytime and evening telephone number and date of birth. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries must include your first and last name, address, email address, age and the correct answer to the Contest Clue posed. Limit of one (1) entry per individual per phase. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once per phase, all your entries will be void. Contest starts at 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Monday, October 23, 2017 and closes on Friday, November 3, 2017 at 10:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). There is one (1) grand prize (each, a "Prize") to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited and restricted by law.
3. The contest sponsors are Bell Media Inc. and Rocky Mountaineer (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”).
4. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter.
5. Prize - There is one (1) Prize consisting of a trip for two including:
I. A two day Rocky Mountaineer rail journey in GoldLeaf Service + one Kamloops hotel night (double occupancy) and transfer from Banff to Calgary for two adults. Travel on select dates only during Rocky Mountaineer’s 2018 season which runs from April 18 to October 15, 2018. Reservations are based upon availability. Blackout dates apply.
II. Round trip economy air fare for two (2) from Ottawa. Must be booked return Ottawa – Vancouver, Calgary – Ottawa only. Winner will need to provide their own transportation to/from Ottawa. Flights must be economy.
III. 3 additional hotel nights’ accommodation: 1x Vancouver night, 1x Banff night, 1x Calgary night. Rooms are double occupancy.
Transfers to and from airports from Vancouver hotel to train station, and from Banff station to hotel, will need to be covered by the prize winner. Itineraries are non-negotiable, additional nights and activities in destinations cannot be added.[Each of t/T]he Prize winner[s] and his/her travelling companion[s] are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein,
including, without limitation, as applicable, taxed, fuel/currency surcharges, meals and beverages, room service, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, insurance, any required travel documentation, all personal expenses of any kind or nature, and any overnight layover. Departure dates and accommodation are subject to availability and change without notice or compensation. It is the sole responsibility of [Each of t/T]he Prize winner[s] and his/her travelling companion[s] to obtain all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas, as applicable and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements. [Each of t/T]he Prize winner[s] and his/her travelling companion[s] must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion and authority, failing which the Grand Prize will be forfeited. It is recommended that [Each of t/T]he Prize winner[s] and his/her travelling companion[s] obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure. Travel Dates to be determined by the Contest Sponsors. The winner and travelling companion must be 21 years of age or older in order to participate. In the event that [a/the] Grand Prize winner resides within a 200 km radius of Ottawa, the Grand Prize is deemed not to include return airfare, and no cash will be provided in lieu thereof. Approximate retail value of the Prize is Six Thousand 500 Dollars ($6,500.00) CAD. based on Ottawa departure.
6. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash, except for those that consist of cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. No change in travel arrangements can be made by the winner once the booking has been confirmed. The Prize may not be used towards any type of frequent flyer mileage, or other reward point accumulation program.
7. On or after Monday, November 6, 2017 at approximately 11:00 a.m., a random draw for the Prize will take place at Bell Media Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win a Prize. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential winner or, if under the age of majority, his or her parent or legal guardian, by telephone within two (2) business days after the draw. In the event the potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc.. Before being awarded a Prize, each Prize winner, and his/her travelling companion(s), or if under the age of majority, his/her parent or legal guardian, will be each be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsors and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of his/her participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner or his/her travelling companion(s) do not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify
potential winner and forfeit the prize and draw an alternate potential winner and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected.
8. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
9. Contest Sponsors assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting names of prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry (if more than one method of entry), and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion, further reserve their right to terminate the on-line portion, as applicable, of the Contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries and all other entries (as applicable) previously received during the Contest Period. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
10. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Personal information collected from entrants will be used by Contest Sponsors for the purpose of administering this Contest and, if consent is given at the time of entry, to provide the entrants with marketing information relating to new and existing products and upcoming promotions of Rocky Mountaineer and CAA by mail or e-mail. Entrants are able to opt in with respect to receiving such marketing information online. Rocky Mountaineer will not sell, share or otherwise disclose personal information of entrants with third parties, other than to third parties engaged by them to fulfill the above purposes or as permitted or required by law. By entering the Contest, entrants consent to the manner of collection, use and disclosure of
11. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
12. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.