CONTEST - OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
February 06, 2017 - February 16, 2017
1. Watch CTV Ottawa News at 6 on CTV Ottawa News at 6 on the local cable or satellite channel in your area from Monday, February 06, 2017 to Thursday, February 16, 2017 to view the Contest spot and watch for the Contest Clue posed during the program(each a "[Contest Clue/Trivia Question]").
2. To enter the CAA Travel’s AmaWaterways Christmas Adventure contest (the “Contest”)simply visit the website located at www.ctvottawa.ca(the "Contest Website"), click on the Contest page, complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the Contest page. If you have registered for a CTV Username and password on a previous occasion, you may enter the Contest for a prize by completing the online entry, using your CTV Username and password. If you do not have a CTV Username and password, sign up for one by filling out the online entry form with your first name, last name, home (mailing address), email address, ten digit daytime and evening telephone number and date of birth. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries must include your first and last name, address, email address, age and the correct answer to the Contest Clue posed. Limit of one (1) entry per individual per day. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once per day, all your entries will be void. Contest starts at 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Monday, February 06, 2017 and closes on Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). There is one (1) grand prize (each, a "Prize") to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited and restricted by law.
Contest Sponsors (as defined below) and/or their designated content moderator (collectively the "Reviewer") will initially screen every Submission and not all Submissions will be posted. Any Submission that the Reviewer deems, at any time, violates the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules, as determined by the Reviewer in its sole and absolute discretion, will not be posted to the Contest Website or shall be removed from the Contest Website, as applicable. Prior to being posted on the Contest Website, the Reviewer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to edit or modify any Submission, or to request an entrant to modify, edit and/or re-submit his or her Submission, in order to ensure that the Submission complies with these Rules, including the Submission Guidelines, or for any other reason.
Submission Guidelines: Submission must be original and not include any third party's proprietary content, including trade-marks or copyrighted content. Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant who uses third party proprietary content at any time. Contest Sponsors further reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to edit any entry submission to blur out any trade-marks or to remove any copyrighted content, including but not limited to, music or video clips, as applicable. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any Submissions that involve anything illegal, potentially or actually dangerous or harmful or contacting any element of physical risk, at any time. Any Submission that involves a third party that does not choose to be part of the
Submission may also be disqualified. Submission must not include any illegal, defamatory or in any way obscene content. Submissions cannot be a parody or derogatory. Submissions remain the property of the entrant, however by entering this Contest, each entrant or, if under the age of majority, his or her parent or legal guardian (i) represents and warrants that his/her Submission is her or her original work and does not infringe on any third party's copyright, trade-mark or other intellectual property rights, (ii) represents and warrants that he/she has all necessary rights from any third party that appears, or is mentioned, in the Submission, including those from the parent or legal guardian if third party is under the age of majority; (iii) grants the contest Sponsors, an unlimited, royalty free, irrevocable, right and license to reproduce, post and/or broadcast the Submission in any form of media, right and license to reproduce, post and/or broadcast the Submission in any for media now known or hereinafter developed; (iv) waives all moral rights in the Submission in favour of the Contest Sponsors; (v) agrees to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless the Releases from any claim or liability arising from or related to the Submission and/or his/her participation in this Contest; and (vi) consents to the publication and/or use, in any medium or the entrant's Submission, name, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes carried out by the Contest Sponsors and/or their advertising and promotional agencies without payment or compensation of any kind. Submission may be showcased by Contest Sponsors on a public viewing gallery, including without limitation, on the Contest Website. Contest Sponsors assumes no responsibility for grabbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, votes, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions and any claims against infringement of the right of privacy with respect to any Submission.
3. The contest sponsors are Bell Media Inc. and AmaWaterways (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”).
4. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and be nineteen (19) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. Subject to the age requirement provided above, entrants who are under the age of majority at the date of entry are eligible to enter the Contest and win a prize provided that the parent or legal guardian of the entrant accepts any such prize and the terms and conditions hereof for and on behalf of such entrant.
5. Prize - There is one (1) Prize consisting of one (1) AmaWaterways Christmas Markets Cruise for 7 nights for two people - deluxe cruise accommodation in an outside stateroom a French balcony or revolutionary Twin Balcony(based on availability), Airfare for two people from/to Ottawa, Airport transfers for two people to and from the AmaWaterways ship, Life enriching tours and excursions daily, Entertainment on demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed Internet access, hit Hollywood movies, extensive music library and English language TV stations, Complimentary Wi-Fi access on board, Access to terry bathrobes and white-on-white plush bedding, Fine dining with all meals included during your cruise, Multiple dining venues on select vessels, Free-flowing red & white wines from Europe's great wine regions, beer & soft drinks with every lunch and dinner on board, Bottled water in every stateroom replenished daily, Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Captain's Gala Dinner, Special highlights including lectures, cooking demonstration, onboard music performances and piano music, Access to bicycles to explore on your own & guided bicycle tours, Services of professional Cruise Manager, All English language on board in
a non-smoking environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck) and Local taxes.. Approximate retail value of the Prize is Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) CAD.
6. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash, except for those that consist of cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. Prize winner needs to be booked by a CAA North and East Ontario no later than 3 months after the prize has been awarded.
7. On or after Friday, February 17, 2017 at approximately 11:00 a.m., a random draw for the Prize will take place at Bell Media Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win a Prize. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential winner or, if under the age of majority, his or her parent or legal guardian, by telephone within two (2) business days after the draw. In the event the potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, each Prize winner and his/her travelling companion(s), or if under the age of majority, his/her parent or legal guardian, will be each be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsors and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of his/her participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner or his/her travelling companion(s) do not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify potential winner and forfeit the prize and draw an alternate potential winner and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected.
8. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
9. Contest Sponsors assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting names of prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical
error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry (if more than one method of entry), and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion, further reserve their right to terminate the on-line portion, as applicable, of the Contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries and all other entries (as applicable) previously received during the Contest Period. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
10. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsors for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsors will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsors should be addressed to Bell Media Inc.
11. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
12. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.