Published Wednesday, April 19, 2017 11:45AM EDT
Last Updated Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:56PM EDT
- 8 oz (250 g) lean ground chicken or turkey
- 1 Ontario Onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced gingerroot
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Ontario Carrots (2 medium)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) hoisin sauce
- 12 8-inch (20 cm) rice paper wrappers
- 1 cup (250 mL) approx. finely julienned Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber
- 1 cup (250 mL) approx. bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) approx. fresh coriander leaves
- Thai sweet red chili sauce, for dipping
In nonstick skillet, cook chicken, onion and ginger over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink, stirring often to prevent clumping. Remove from heat. Stir in carrots and hoisin sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Dip 1 rice paper wrapper in large bowl of hot water for 20 to 30 seconds or until softened. Gently shake off excess water and lay on damp tea towel. While filling one wrapper, soak another. Place one-twelfth of chicken mixture (about 2-1/2 tbsp/40 mL) in line about one-third from bottom of wrapper. Top with one-twelfth each cucumber and bean sprouts. Top with a few coriander leaves. Fold bottom edge of wrapper over filling; fold over side edges and roll up tightly to form roll. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. Wrap well in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
To serve, cut each in half diagonally and arrange on lettuce-lined platter. Serve with small bowl of sweet red chili sauce for dipping.
Note: Look for rice paper wrappers in grocery stores. They are sold dry in packages.